Supportability and Logistics Modelling Engineer - Hertfordshire
Defence sector - full time permanent
Exciting new Permanent opportunity for a Supportability and Logistics Modelling Engineer based in Stevenage.
Following a recent expansion, our Global Defence client is currently looking to expand their team in Hertfordshire. They are looking for an experienced Supportability and Logistics Modelling Engineer to be responsible for the influence of the initial design and enhance the through-life modelling support of complex weapon systems.
As a Supportability and Logistics Modelling Engineer, you will be able to:
* Conducting detailed analytic studies to ensure that product supportability and support system requirements are satisfied or exceeded:
* Identifying supportability and supportability-related drivers, including availability and whole life cost drivers, at an appropriate stage in the product life cycle;
* Influencing system design to take account of logistic support considerations.
* Demonstrating ownership of product supportability and support system requirements, from initial requirements definition / decomposition through to requirements verification and validation.
* Identifying, defining and quantifying logistic support resource requirements necessary to effectively support the system through-life.
* Developing and maintaining supportability and logistics modelling deliverables, such as plans, recommendations and reports, as required in support of business winning or contracted project activities.
* Actively participating in internal and external stakeholder reviews by presenting supportability and logistics modelling information to ensure supportability and supportability-related drivers are fully understood, considered, and the impacts of any associated risks are reduced.
* Actively participating in the continued development of the supportability and logistics modelling capability, to address evolving business and customer needs.
* Representing the company in MoD/Industry supportability and logistics modelling working groups
What we are looking for:
* An engineering background with a relevant degree or previous related experience. Additionally, a complementary background in mathematics would be desirable.
* The ability to translate real world support environments into logistics modelling scenarios and subsequently, verify and validate outputs.
* A working knowledge of UK and international Integrated Logistic Support standards and guidance documents.
* A track record in the application of supportability engineering tools and techniques.
* Experience of using logistics models and modelling tools, such as Opus 10 and Simlox, or experience of developing bespoke logistics and cost models.
* Excellent analytical skills with a good knowledge of relevant analytical techniques.
* Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
* A proven high level of competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (E).
* Well-developed planning and organisational abilities.
* A strong customer focus, both internally and externally.
Contact Simon Portway