Care First Recruitment LTD aim to provide the best support to supported housing units and currently requires Support Workers within various London Boroughs.
Job Purpose: Support workers provide emotional and practical support to individuals and their families who have difficulties living independently because of health issues, emotional problems or relationship difficulties. Typically, clients include people with physical, mental or learning disabilities, those who are struggling with drug or alcohol addictions, vulnerable children or adults, young offenders, or those suffering from marital or other relationship difficulties. They may work with clients who have short term care needs or those with longer term or lifelong difficulties. The needs of a support worker’s clients vary depending on the specifications of their role; you may work in the community, in a home support role or specifically with clients who have mental health issues.
It’s important that you have a genuinely caring nature, and the willingness to help the individual overcome their problems, as well as the ability to prioritise your workload. It’s common that an individual will be under the care of a multi-disciplinary team, so your ability to pass information effectively between other team members is essential.
Hours: Ad Hoc and contracted roles available
- To promote independence, life skills and informed choices
- Treat service users with respect and dignity
- Support service user in making informed choices
- To empower service users to reach their full potential
- Support service users to maintain personal hygiene and appearance
- To promote a safe environment for the service user
- Report accidents and injuries
- To promote effective communication and relationships with service users and work colleagues
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained
- Good level of Literacy
- Able to understand and follow instructions & policies
- Able to use initiative
- Organisational skills
- Good written/verbal communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- A non-discriminatory approach
- NVQ Levels 3 in Health and Social Care or Relevant
You are required to have a minimum of 18 months experience
You will need to pass a background checks by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'