Location - Newcastle upon Tyne, Sunderland, Gateshead, North/South Tyneside and Northumberland.
To deliver exceptional standards of care to clients, meeting the personal care needs of the service user in a way that respects the dignity of the individual in line with their care plan, within Specialist Units throughout the North East of England. Support workers must be experienced in supporting children and young people with learning disabilities, including previous exposure of dealing with very complex needs and challenging behaviours. Experince workign with SEMH, ADH and Austism would be an advantage. You will have a genuine passion for this type of work and a person-centered approach
* Assist with activities of supporting the children and young adults on a daily basis.
* Ensure health, safety and welfare of clients
* Respect the individuality and confidentiality of each client
* To communicate effectively
The following personal attributes are considered essential to the post:
* Previous experience working within a healthcare/residential environment
* Ability to be patient & keep calm under pressure
* A sense of responsibility
* Reliable & trustworthy
* Eligible to work in the UK
What CER Education will do for you. We offer support from a friendly team of consultants, free CPD courses including Team Teach, managing SEND needs and Manual Handling. Also free Health and Wellbeing Events and Open Days offering invaluable employability support.
If you have the skills we are looking for, please get in touch today and ask for Di Barnes on .
- SEN complex needs and challenging behaviour