Join us now to be eligible for a £500 Welcome Bonus subject to terms and conditions.
The Organisation: CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care. In this year’s CQC inspection we were rated as Outstanding.
The Role: We are looking for Full and Part time Support Workers to join our friendly Hyde based team. This service is split into eight apartments, conveniently situated within close proximity to Hyde and local areas. This service is easily commutable from surrounding areas via easy transport links. This will be quite an intensive service, supporting several individuals requiring various levels of support. These individuals have mental health issues and/or learning difficulties and display challenging behaviour.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to have fulfilled lives, gain further independence and achieve positive outcomes. You will need to have proven experience of working in a similar environment. You will also need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays & weekends.
Responsibilities of a Support Worker:
•To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
•To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
•To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events
•To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
•To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
The successful candidate for the role will have:
• NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards
•Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
•The ability to keep calm under pressure
•Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
•Excellent communication skills
•The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
•The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
· Various contracted hour shifts available (to suit your lifestyle)
· 20 days holiday + bank holidays
· Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
· Full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
· Dedicated learning & development programmes.
· We offer Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector
· We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care.
· Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
· DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us.
· Refer a Friend Reward Scheme - earn up to £250 per referral!
· Stakeholder Pension
· Share Save Scheme
· Free Employee Assistance Programme
· Annual Employee Awards Evening
· Employee recognition schemes
· Carer progression within the company.
· CareTech Foundation - Opportunity to apply for family and friend’s grants.
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Unfortunately due to the large volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all candidates. If you have not heard from us within the next 14 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'