Role: Support Worker
Salary: up to £9.80 per hour
Are you looking for an exciting new role? Passion for care and looking after others? Are you looking to develop with a company that cares about your progression? Are you looking to gain accredited qualifications? We have invested into quality training to help you reach new heights with your career. Here at Dignus we believe that for those willing to work hard, the sky should be the limit.
Here at Chance Drive, our ethos is to drive changes that will see the team develop new skills with the people we support. As a diverse team we are looking to create opportunities that will see the service strive towards excellence whilst maximising potentials for service users.
What we can offer you:
28 days Annual Leave inclusive of Bank Holidays
Development and a career path which can lead to Senior, Team Leader or even Management roles further down the line if a desire is shown!
Part time contracts available
Full induction programme and commitment to ongoing training - we are proud to provide an in-depth high quality training experience.
Employee Referral Scheme - earn up to £200 with each referral!
As a Support Worker for Dignus Healthcare Ltd, you will look after the wellbeing of vulnerable adults who display a range of challenging behaviours, mental health problems and other disabilities. You will help them live their lives independently and support them in reaching their potential, through both practical and emotional support. Your responsibilities will vary depending on the person you are supporting.
- To provide service users with the highest standard of person-centred care, in order to strengthen their independence and individuality;
- Daily tasks will include meal preparation, administering medication and keeping clear records, updating daily diaries accurately, household chores etc.;
- To have good relationships with service users and colleagues, providing emotional and practical support;
- Accessing community facilities i.e. taking service users shopping, days out doing fun activities, going to the gym or library and meeting family and friends
- Help the service user to learn new skills i.e. getting a job, managing finances etc.;
- Understanding the service users’ communication needs and adapting your style to each individual;
- Assisting the team leader in analysing service users’ needs and drawing up a focused care plan;
- Reporting any changes or concerns to the unit manager in a timely manner.
- A good level of spoken and written English
- Work flexibility will be needed to accommodate the needs of service users.
- Must be able to attend training induction programme (paid, full-time for the first three weeks- This may differ due to COVID-19)
- Valid Enhanced DBS certificate (issued within last 3 months) or willing to undergo a DBS check
- It is an expectation that all staff are to have, had or be part of the Covid-19 vaccination process unless they can provide an exemption reason.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support, and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'