Location: Hammersmith & Fulham W6
Application deadline: Wednesday 3rd November 2021
Salary: £21,214.46 per annum
Region: Hammersmith & Fulham
An exciting opportunity to join Certitude as a Support Worker as we continue to grow as a Social Care provider in London.
Salary: £21,214.26 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours
Job type: Permanent
Service: Learning Disabilities
Location: Hammersmith and Fulham W6
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- 22 days’ annual leave, pension scheme and 24-hour Employee Assistance
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme (eligible after 12 months service)
About the role
The role of a Support Worker is to enable the people we support to manage aspects of their daily life.
Duties will include:
- Making a difference to the lives of those you support
- Supporting individuals to minimise behaviour that challenges
- Providing person centred risk assessments
- Developing support planning documentation
- Supporting individuals to develop relationships and a wider social network
- Entering electronic daily handover, using Certitudes Buzz system
- Supporting individuals within house and community-based activities
- Helping to use a range of recovery oriented and person-centred planning tools
- Ensuring all plans and records relating to the people we support are accurate and up to date
- Supporting with everyday tasks to maximize the individual’s independence
- Working in a consistent and positive way with local managers and other team members to ensure people get a great service
- Undertaking various levels of personal care alongside aspects of moving and handling
Full training will be given; however, the following are essential:
- Ability to motivate others and build confidence
- Person centred values
- An active knowledge and experience of supporting people with an autism diagnosis, physical disabilities, and/or complex needs
- A full driving license, assisting in driving motorbility vehicles
- Ability to work on to one, using your own initiative
- Being a great team player
- Practical, adaptable and organized
- Have interests and skills that they are willing to share and get others involved
- Ability to use up to date, technology
About the Organisation
At the Certitude Group, we are proud of our history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. We support more than 1,800 people across London through a diverse range of support services and believe in providing the right level of support, to enable individuals to flourish, contribute and live a good life.
As a Gold Level Investor in People, we have high employee engagement and a strong commitment to people development from both our Board and Leadership Team. As a result, we are able to support people with mental health needs and learning disabilities to live the life they want to lead; happy, healthy, respected as equals and valued for their contribution within communities.
We aim to be the best social care employer in London and are proud of our reputation as a London employer - employing more than 1,500 staff and volunteers with a turnover of £48m.
Do you want to be a Support Worker at Certitude? Complete an application form and someone from the Recruitment Team will be in touch!
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a full employment history and employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close vacancies before the date stated when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. You are advised to submit your completed application form as soon as possible to have the best chance of being considered.
Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'