We are looking for compassionate individuals to join our dedicated supported living team. If you would like a rewarding role supporting individuals who have learning disabilities and autism to achieve their life goals and join the local community then we would love to hear from you.
Your Support Worker role would include:
- Supporting service users inside their home and in the Hartlepool community
- Supporting service users to retain their independence
- Engaging in activities with the tenants and encouraging them to take up hobbies and achieve their personalgoals
- Collaborating with service users, family members and other involved professionals to provide excellentperson-centred care for service users
- Working as part of a team and independently across our supported living services
- Providing respectful personal care and helping service users retain their dignity at all times
- Some service administration tasks which will require basic computer knowledge
Experience of working with people who have learning disabilities and/or autism is beneficial but not essential for this Support Worker role as you will be provided with full training for the role, with excellent staff teams that support each other across the three Hartlepool services.
A car driver is desirable for this role but not essential the services are well connected; two of the services are located within walking distance of each other and the third is connected by a good local bus route. Successful candidates will be based mostly at one service, with occasional shift cover at the other locations as required.
The shift patterns will be a mix of early and late shifts between the hours of 7am and 10pm depending on the service.
Why you should work for us:
- You will receive ongoing training and will be supported with any further goals you wish to achieve
- 28 days annual leave, with a holiday bonus after two years of service
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
- Free-of-charge DBS certificate
- Free access to Health Assured
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'