Creative Support is a non-profit organisation which provides high quality person centred social care services for people with learning disabilities, mental health and other needs. Our supported living services in Salford provide person-centred support to people who have learning disabilities, some of whom are on the autistic spectrum and have complex needs.
Key qualities we are looking for:
• Calm, resourceful and energetic individuals who are well motivated, hardworking and keen to join our friendly team.
• Willingness to provide person-centred care and support to tenants to take part in all aspects of everyday life and to enjoy a wide range of activities – including support with personal care and domestic tasks as well as community activities such as walking, swimming and going to the gym.
• The ability to support people who can express their needs though challenging behaviour at times is essential.
• Positive communication and engagement skills to be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for the young people we support.
• The maturity to be able to work within a positive behaviour support framework, to accept responsibility and to grow in confidence as a skilled practitioner.
• To able to follow agreed guidelines and to work positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos.
Our Person centred planning meetings and processes are co-produced with the people we support and their families to promote a unified approach. Together we set meaningful and aspirational goals which Key Workers have a particular responsibility to work towards.
Prior experience in this field of work is beneficial, although not a substitute for an engaging, creative and person centred approach. We will value the personal skills and interests you bring to the role and to the lives of service users, such as sports, walking and outdoor pursuits, creative arts, music and cooking; to name but a few!
The services are based in the Swinton & Pendlebury area of Salford and are easily accessible by car or bus.
This role offers unique and challenging opportunities bringing great job satisfaction to those who are looking to make a positive difference to the lives of others. We provide relevant training including accredited health and social care diplomas through our own training academy. You will be required to work in a flexible manner on a rota which includes evenings, weekends and sleep-ins. In addition to opportunities for personal and career development we offer good conditions of service and a supportive, hands-on management culture.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'