Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day?
Creative Support is looking for a warm, reliable and proactive Support Worker to join our friendly staff team in Ashton-under-Lyne, Tameside. Here we provide quality care and support to older people with a range of support needs including dementia and memory impairment. You will be based across 2 of our services, our Day Centre provides support to up to 20 people, and our Hub provides support to 8 people. No two days will be the same at this service as we support our service users to follow their passions and engage in a range of activities including: arts and crafts, quizzes, board games, pool, and many more! The people we support also love going out on day trips to pottery classes, garden centres, and animal sanctuaries. We are looking for someone with a calm, caring nature, and who is looking to join a friendly and energetic staff team.
Your role will include:
- Providing personal care, administering medication and lone working
- Encouraging service users to engage in a range of exciting social activities both within and outside their homes,
- Developing warm and trusting relationships with service users and their families enabling them to enjoy their time at the service to the fullest,
- Driving a 12 seater mini bus to a range of local amenities
- Supporting individuals who may have limited/poor mobility
We are looking for candidates from all walks of life. No previous care experience is needed, just a passion for providing person-centred care and support and working in a bright, friendly environment! Full training is provided by our Creative Support Training Academy, including Dementia Awareness. A full, clean driving licence is essential for this role.
The service has great public transport links from Manchester city centre by both bus and train.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We would encourage you to apply to us even if you have not yet had your COVID 19 vaccine. You will be required to have your first COVID 19 vaccine prior to your interview and your second vaccine before you start work with us. This time will be used to complete post interview recruitment checks.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'