Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day?
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking for a Support Worker to join our friendly staff team in Darlington, County Durham.
We are looking for warm, caring and proactive Support Workers to provide quality person centred care and support at our vibrant service in Darlington, Country Durham You will responsible for providing respectful person-centred care and support to tenants with mental health needs and learning disabilities in a supported living setting, with some community outreach. You will support individuals to take part in all aspects of everyday life and to enjoy a wide range of activities. You will have skills in positive communication and engagement and will be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for the people we support. You must be able to follow agreed guidelines and to work positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos.
Support Worker Duties:
• Provision of practical, emotional and behavioural support to service users,
• Provide support to individuals with cooking, cleaning, housework and other life skills,
• A commitment to making a positive difference in individuals lives,
• Develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users,
• Carry out general administrative duties and housing management tasks,
• Work flexibly according to the needs of the service to include daytimes, evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep in shifts.
We are looking for candidates from all walks of life. No previous care experience is needed, just a passion for providing person-centred care and support and working in a bright, friendly environment! Full training is provided by our Creative Support Training Academy, as is the opportunity to work towards QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hours teams
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'