Residential Support Workers required for a 4 bed Residential Children’s Home in Heaton Mersey Stockport
Salary £20000 £9.60 per hour plus £34 a sleep ins on top £24000 inclusive Hours per week 40
2:4 pattern - paid as a salary for 40 hours a week working on a banked hours system (owe us a shift every 3 weeks which we use to cover annual leave). Pattern works two on four off, each shift followed by a sleep as and when required,
We are looking for a Support Worker at a 4 bed Residential Children’s Home in Heaton Mersey Mersey Stockport looking after 8-18 yr olds with EBD and complex needs.
This Organisation will invest in its staff and encourage progession to suceed in positive outcomes.
- Pension Auto-enrolment
- 'Pay Care Scheme’, this is a company health care benefit.
- 'Perk Box’, this allows the employees to get discounts or free offers on hundreds of well known high street brands.
- Annual Leave Service Award
- Long Service Bonus of £750 given after 5 continuous full time years of employment
- NVQ Bonus when complete Level 3 (£500 in total) or Level 5 (£750 in total) in instalments, initial after completion and remainder 18 months following
- Free meals on shift (for residential roles)
Support Worker Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide care for young people through:
- Attending to practical matters in relation to childcare and running a home (cooking, cleaning etc)
- Establishing positive relationships with young people and always offering them unconditional and positive regard
- Meeting the physical, emotional, behavioural, cultural and educational needs of young people
- Acting as a role model and demonstrating appropriate ways of dealing with problems
- Helping young people gain self control by challenging unacceptable behaviour and rewarding them when they should have recognition
- Ensuring that each young person’s care plan is followed and updated as appropriate to reflect their changing needs
- NVQ 3 In Children and Young People or equivalent
- Candidates must be suitable to work with children & young people within a care setting (pre-employment checks)
- Ability to relate to and communicate with young people forming and maintaining appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with young people
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to work in partnership and liaise with other professionals
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
- Understanding Equal Opportunities and Anti - Discriminatory Practice issues
- Current clean driving licence
- Previous experience of looking after children with EBD
- Knowledge of Childcare legislation
Apply now to Mick Hull at Fieldview Care Recruitment Solutions and find out more
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'