Position: Support Worker
Setting: Residential Service, Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
Salary: £9.25 to £9.70 per hour
Location: Harvey Lane, Norwich Road, NR7 0BG – Consensus Support Services
About the Role:
- The right person for this role will be a dedicated, passionate person who shares our values and ethos for supporting and caring for people with Learning Disabilities. This role is extremely rewarding, enjoyable and fun. Every day is different.
- Harvey Lane is friendly and welcoming residential service located close to Norwich City Centre, part of Consensus Support Services.
- Our specailst team support up to 8 individuals who live at the service (mix of male & female); who have a range of learning disabilities, mental health, autism and challenging behaviour.
- All staff receive full training and are specifically trained to deal with the complex and challenging behaviours i.e. MAYBO (physical intervention & conflict management), PBS (positive behaviour support) autism and a range of learning disabilities.
- The team tailor their support to each individual’s needs; helping them achieve their personal goals and live an independent lifestyle; supporting them through every day life challenges inside and outside of the home.
- Individuals are encouraged to enjoy leisure and social activities at the home such as arts and crafts, sensory activities and games. The staff team play a big part in the leisure, social and community activities, hosting parties and open days regularly where friends and family are always welcome.
- Taking individuals out to nearby Norwich and its many shopping and leisure amenities such as bowling alleys, cinemas and cafes.
- Providing help with personal care such as washing, bathing and dressing
- Flexible shift patterns available including early, late and weekend shifts on a two week rolling rota with alternating weekends.
Career progression towards a TEAM LEADER earning up to £10.35 per hour
Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours/pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
Employee benefits platform providing discounts at over 150 retailers including nationwide cinemas
FREE training and induction including the care certificate
Support towards completing your NVQ’s in Health & Social Care – Level 1, 2 and 3
Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays
Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
Consensus has a set of values that underpin and define how we work, inspire us to succeed and support achievement of the highest standards. For everyone at Consensus, our values are what unite and guide us to deliver the best for the individuals we support:
- Choice & Respect, Ambition & Imagination, Reliability & Professionalism
- Honesty & Integrity, Responsibility & Accountability, Inclusive & Supportive.
About Consensus Support Services:
Consensus was established in 2005 to support individuals with learning disabilities, autism, complex needs including Prader-Willi Syndrome. Our commitment to delivering the highest standards of support is nationally recognised and validated by the many awards we receive, and the consistently high ratings we receive from national regulators What’s more, our colleagues are among the best and most dedicated in the sector: trusted by individuals, families, local authorities and commissioners alike to deliver the best in personalised support in bespoke settings.
If you have never previously worked within Care or have a background as a Support Worker, Care Worker, Healthcare Assistant, HCA, Care Assistant or Care Giver then can’t wait to hear from you. Full induction and ongoing training provided.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'