Be the difference, change lives - apply today!
Would you like to support with people with learning disabilities, complex mental health needs and challenging behaviours in their own homes? You can help them to move back into their community, and gain a more independent and fulfilling life whilst you develop a career in social care!
Affinity Trust have won the contract to provide support into individual’s homes as part of our Transforming Care programme. This is new exciting project funded by NHS England and developed by Choice Support.
We'll be supporting people on a 3:1, 2:1 and 1:1 basis, depending on the individual need.
- A 2-week paid induction programme of generic training
- Training for specific identified needs to ensure you feel equipped and supported to enable the people we support to live independently
- 28 days paid holiday per year (inc. bank holidays)*
- Make a genuine difference to someone's life
- Blue Light Card
- £200 bonus after 3 months service, £100 after 6 months service and a further £100 bonus after 12 months service
- Pension scheme
- Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements
- 15% overtime enhancement on hours over 37.5 per week
- Fantastic training and development
- Paid for DBS
- Refer a friend scheme (earning £100 - £400 per referral)
*pro rata for part time staff
About The Role
The duties are varied, and no two days will be the same. However, as a general guide, duties may include:
- Provide direct support to individuals who exhibit complex and challenging behaviour
- Manage the behaviour and to enable them to participate in a wide range of therapeutic and social activities
- Enable and support people to transition from an institutional setting such as hospital to their own home
- Work with the Clinical Team to provide emotional support to individuals, supporting them in managing their anxieties and behaviour through coping strategies
- Work positively with other agencies, parents, Support Workers, and other services to ensure a quality provision of care for individuals
- Maintain appropriate records relating to good practice, health, safety and statutory requirements
- Promote independence with daily activities, such as personal care, cooking, finance management where appropriate, and general housekeeping
Shift patterns are across a 24hr rota.
It is the nature of the service we provide that tasks and responsibilities are in many circumstances variable and unpredictable. All staff are therefore expected to work flexibly when the need arises, so that tasks that may not be covered in this job description are undertaken. These additional duties will normally be to cover unforeseen circumstances or changes in work, and they will normally be compatible with the regular type of work. Also, individuals supported may display challenging behaviours, in which case training will be provided to minimise these behaviours.
What skills and experience do I need?
This really is a unique career opportunity for people who have the passion and commitment to develop their skills and make a lasting positive contribution to the lives of others. You don’t need any qualifications as a full induction plus professional training will be provided, including Positive Behaviour Support training, although previous experience of working within this environment is advantageous.
The most important thing is a caring and resilient attitude.
- Experience supporting people with learning disabilities, complex mental health needs and challenging behaviours
- Candidates that are adventurous, friendly, encouraging, supportive, respectful, and resourceful
- Confident and able to manage difficult situations
- People that share our values
- Good level of spoken & written communication
- Knowledge/understanding of Positive Behaviour Support
- Full UK driving license
At Affinity Trust, all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, provided by Affinity Trust.
We promote diversity and inclusion within our workforce.
Affinity Trust is committed to being Disability Confident. As part of our commitment, all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview.
*Please note that shortlisting and interviewing is ongoing, so we reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time.*
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'