Huntercombe Hospital Stafford is a CAMHS unit for children and young people with illnesses such as eating disorders, and other complex mental health conditions, such as psychosis, bipolar disorder and emerging personality disorder. We are located in Wheaton Aston on the A5 just a few miles from junction 12 of the M6, 10 miles from Stafford and 21 miles from Telford
We are recruiting Support Workers to join our expanding team of nurses, therapists and medical specialists to make a difference to our patients care and recovery.
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Full time / Part time
When you join The Huntercombe Group as a Support Worker, you will be part of a company that is understanding, strives towards excellence, is reliable and above all puts people first. Working with The Huntercombe Group is rewarding and varied. Through our "Conversation into Action" programme we actively encourage our employees to get involved and to drive service change for the better.
The role involves working as part of our nursing team, to deliver individualised care to patients, implementing person-centred care plans and undertaking a broad range of caring duties. Good communication skills, team working and a flexible approach are essential. Previous experience of working in a healthcare setting is desirable but not essential as training is provided.
As a Support Worker your main duties will be to:-
- Assist nursing staff in providing high quality individualised care to a clearly defined group of patients, relatives and carers.
- Work and act as a key member of the team, supporting each patient in achievement of their planned outcomes.
To join The Huntercombe Group as a Youth Support Worker you will:-
- Have a person centred ethos, show care and compassion, empathy and a desire to make a real difference in the delivery of care to patients
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Be flexible and adaptable, regarding 7 day shift work
- Ideally have health care experience, with the NHS or private providers (but not essential)
- Have a legal right to work in the UK
We operate a 12 hour shift system working days and waking nights on a rota. We can offer contracts from 2 shifts to 4 shifts per week.
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding benefits package
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay
- 2 week’s paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference.
For a more detailed job spec please take a look at our Website where you can also read some inspiring stories and find out why working at Huntercombe really sets us apart from the rest.
Huntercombe Group are one the leading specialist healthcare providers, with hospital and centres throughout England and Scotland, delivering wide ranging services in adult mental health and learning disabilities, specialist brain injury, child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) including eating disorders and social care for children with special needs.
Our aspiration is to nurture the world, one person at a time and that’s why everything we do is designed to provide the best care and recovery for our patients and residents.
We’re proud to have recruited some of the most experienced doctors, nurses and therapists in their fields and alongside our supportive stable Management structure we hope that it’s you that can help make a difference to our excellent teams and workforce.
- Mental Health
- Young People
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'