- £8.72ph - Weekdays, £9.72 - Weekends
- Welcome Bonus of £500* (T&Cs Apply)
- 35 hours per week (various hours and shifts available to suit your lifestyle)
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
- DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us
- Full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
- Stakeholder Pension
- Share Save Scheme
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- We offer Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector
- We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care
- Carer progression within the company.
- Valid for this Service and position only
- Paid after successful completion of probation period (6 months) or, if part time or bank, work the equivalent of 975 hours
- Payments are subject to taxable deductions.
We are recruiting for a Support Worker to join our rated GOOD by CQC residential service, Hunters Lodge in Rickmansworth. You will be required to work a 35hr week, although zero hour contracts are also available. Shift times include 7am - 2pm or 2pm - 9.30pm, we are also looking for a Waking Night Support Worker to work 9.15pm - 7.15am.
Hunters Lodge has free on-site parking but also has excellent transport links, being a 10 minute walk from the station and also just only 2 minute walk from the bus stop!
At Hunters Lodge, the established and friendly staffing team support 12 Service Users who have learning disabilities, mental health, autism and epilepsy.
The Service Users at Hunters Lodge are very active. They enjoy going to the cinema, theatre, attending football matches, going for meals out and much more… When in the service, they enjoy socialising together in their fantastic garden, arts and crafts, music sessions, aromatherapy sessions, table top games and simply relaxing in their communal lounge!
At Caretech we work in partnership with people with physical and learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At CareTech, we can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us
We believe that all our employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environmen
- To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
- To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events
- To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
- To work as part of a team to provide high quality care.
The successful candidate will have:
- NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues is beneficial but not necessary as full training will be given
- The ability to keep calm under pressure
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives - this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
CareTech Community Services are proud to inform you that they are a "Disability Confident Leader".
Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Residential Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'