We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals to join our team at our services in the Royston area to support people in our services with learning disabilities.
We have a full-time position available where shifts will be spread across the weekdays, weekends and bank holidays and will consist of mornings, afternoons, evenings and sleep ins. Flexibility is therefore important.
Driving is desirable for this role but not essential.
The role of a Support Worker varies and includes providing support with daily living skills like cooking, cleaning, managing finances, personal care, going out into the community and attending health appointments. By joining us you’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We’ll ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it’s never 'just a job’.
As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we want to hear from you. This role has a unique set of challenges,but our award winning training will ensure that you are the best Support Worker that you can be, whether you have lots experience or are just starting out in your career.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'