Support Worker, Full Time
Basic Salary: £8.21 per hour (£15,796 per year)
Additional payment will be made for sleep in duties and enhanced rates of pay will apply to this role for weekend working.
Hours: Full time 37 hours per week plus sleep in duties
You will be part of a superb team who support people who are on the autistic spectrum, encouraging the people we support to utilise activities and opportunities available to them through Autism Anglia’s service within a residential setting. You will have the chance to make a real impact and enrich the lives of the people we support and their families.
You will be a flexible, positive, energetic and enthusiastic individual who will work as part of a team of support workers and your main duties will include:
- Going out with people we support, taking part in community-based activities and personal appointments
- Supporting people with autism with personal care, health and hygiene with the focus of developing daily life skills
- Being responsible for the people we support’s particular needs, ensuring excellent quality of care is provided
- Keeping up to date and accurate records and support plans/risk assessments to reflect the people we support’s requirements
We need people who share our passion for making a difference. Experience is not necessarily required for this role as we are able to support you and provide you with an excellent induction and ongoing personal development. However, it is really important that you are able to demonstrate the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to the people we support’s lives. You will be passionate and motivated to provide nothing but the highest standards of support.
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. These posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days after 5 years) plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Access to Perkbox incentives including exclusive High Street, entertainment, restaurant and supermarket discounts
- Refer a friend scheme
There is also the possibility of overtime and working a flexible shift pattern to suit your needs and those of Autism Anglia. You will be provided with access to your rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established charity. Autism Anglia has a clearly defined pay progression structure and provides ongoing training including nationally recognised qualifications. In addition, we also offer ongoing supervision and support, continuing professional development, as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
It is desirable that the successful applicant holds a full driving license.
If no response is received within 3 weeks of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply again for other positions.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'