Are you a caring support worker in search of a new role? Do you have experience working with young children and adults? Are you wanting to make a difference in someone's life?
Randstad Care is recruiting several full-time support workers for permanent vacancies in the Bolton area. The role will involve working with a specialist school who provide education, care and respite for young people with significant physical impairment. This is an extremely rewarding role with an award-winning specialist care provider.
As a support worker within your 6-month probationary period, you will undertake a two-week induction course where you will learn everything from creating detailed communication support plans to managing verbal and physical aggression safely and professionally. You will be equipped with the skills to provide the highest standards of person-centred care to wonderful children and adults. The school, in the centre of Bolton, has 11 residential homes across the Bolton area. If successful, you will be based at one of these locations.
Benefits of the role Include:
- In-house and Online Professional Training
- Working for an Award Winning Company
- Career progression pathway Opportunities
- You will receive a Competitive Pay rate
- Bonus scheme for extra responsibilities
- Fantastic Holidays.
As a support worker your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting children with daily living skills... this can include anything from cooking and cleaning to day trips into the countryside.
- Supporting children out into the local community. As with most children, the young people you are supporting love everything from cinema trips, meals out and trips to the theme park and they require your support to be able to enjoy these activities.
- Communication difficulties can often be very frustrating for young people in care and this can often lead to challenging behaviour. It will be your role to support the young person during these challenging times and ensuring you take the steps necessary to try to reduce such behaviours occurring again.
- As with any other professional carer role, ensuring documentation is up to date and accurate is paramount. You will be required to create person centred plans and update everything from daily summaries to risk assessments. You will have full support from your manager.
If you have experience with autism that would be advantageous, however, we would love to hear from anyone who has a passion for working with young people in care. This is a full time, permanent role within a well-established organisation.
If you are keen on helping young children achieve their maximum potential, please apply using the following links. Or for further information, please contact Ben Stevenson on .
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'