Are you an experienced support worker with experience of Autism Spectrum Disorder? If so I really would love to hear from you. I am currently recruiting for several full time support worker vacancies in the Bolton area. The role will involve working with a specialist school who provide education, care and respite for young people with significant physical impairment. This is an extremely rewarding role with an award winning specialist care provider.
As a support worker within your 6 month probationary period, you will be put through a 2 week induction process where you will learn everything from creating detailed communication support plans to managing verbal and physical aggression safely and professionally. You will be equipped with the skills to provide the highest standards of person centred care to some wonderful young people. The school, in the centre of Bolton, has 11 residential homes based across the Bolton area. If successful, you will be based at one of these locations.
As a support worker within a young persons service your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting children with daily living skills... this can include anything from cooking and cleaning to day trips into the countryside.
- Supporting children out into the local community. As with most children, the young people you are supporting love everything from cinema trips, meals out and trips to the theme park and they require your support to be be able to enjoy these activities.
- Communication difficulties can often be very frustrating for the young people in care and this can often lead to challenging behaviour. It will be your role to support the young person during these challenging times and ensuring you take the steps necessary to try to reduce such behaviours occurring again.
- As with any other professional carer role, ensuring documentation is up to date and accurate is paramount. You will be required to create person centred plans and update everything from daily summaries to risk assessments. You will have full support from your manager.
If you have experience with autism that would be advantageous however, we would love to hear from anyone who has a passion for working with young people in care. This is a full time, permanent role within a well established organisation. Please call Lee Nicklin on or email if you require any further information. If not, then please follow the links provided.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
- Children and Young People
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'