Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
£9 Per Hour
Peritus Healthcare have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a learning difficulties support worker in Andover.
Our client provides support for individuals with Learning Disabilities in a residential setting.
You will ensure Service Users lead valued and fulfilling lives, helping them to reach their potential and achieve to the best of their ability.
The ideal candidate will be fully aware of Supporting People guidelines, you will work to deliver a high quality person centered support service that meets the diverse needs of our customer base.
Applicants need to be willing to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and sleep-in shifts.
- To support the service user to experience life opportunities which promote the growth of individuals to their maximum potential.
- Promote and take part in social, leisure, life skills, holidays and other activities with service users.
- Take on key worker responsibilities as required.
- Support individuals with the implementation of their day to day routine and activities.
- Provide personal care when required respecting the individuals dignity, privacy and rights.
- Support individuals in developing independent living skills in line with their support plans.
- To identify and follow policies and procedures including the Codes of Practice for social care.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of working with Service users with Autism and Learning Disabilities
- Possess an empathetic and caring nature
- NVQ Level 2 (Minimum or working towards obtaining)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'