Would you like to make a difference in the lives of young people with ASD (Autism)? Are you a support worker looking for a fresh opportunity? If you would like to take up this exciting challenge then please read on.
This service is a highly specialised school with associated residential homes for children between the ages of 6 and 19 who suffer with ASD and significant learning difficulties. Located in Astley Village, Chorley, the service enjoys a peaceful setting next to the beautiful Astley Park which includes a Pets Corner, lake, walled gardens and historic woodland as well as a café.
The school is supported by a group of medium sized residential homes located across Preston, Chorley and Leyland, which provide specialist, tailored care to service users. Continuity is the Key to providing the high quality of care, with staff working across both the residential and school sites. This innovative approach provides much needed familiarity and structure for the young person being looked after as well as minimising transitions throughout the course of a typical school day. In practice, this means that often the same staff member helping the young person with their morning care routine at the home is the same person with them on the bus to school, and the same person supporting them in lessons throughout the day.
These residential homes are looking to recruit high quality support workers to continue to provide excellent care to their service users.
- Flexible working hours
- 33 days annual leave (inc. bank holidays)
- Full training- relevant qualifications are desirable, but not essential
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dental Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- SMART Childcare Vouchers
- SMART Pension option
- Health Cash Plan
- Providing excellent support for young adults with Autism and learning difficulties
- Building relationships with service users and their families
- Following care plans to help service users reach their goals
- Assisting service users with daily care which can include but is not limited to: cooking, personal care and cleaning.
- Helping these young people to enjoy activities within their local community. Building a positive relationship with these young people will allow you to identify activities that they will love!
- Finding a way that to communicate that works for both you and the young person you're working with is of the utmost importance. This will help to build a relationship and minimise challenging behaviour.
- You will be required to help these young people work through challenging times
The Ideal Candidate Would
- Have Autism experience
- Have minimum experience of 6 months working in a residential setting
- Be patient, sociable and empathetic, in order to establish good relationships with our young people based on confidence, trust, understanding and mutual respect
- Willing to perform personal care tasks
- Be prepared to deal with challenging behaviour which may be exhibited by a young person at any time for any number of reasons
- Be willing to assist in household maintenance tasks such as cleaning in order to maintain the high level of cleanliness expected within the children's homes
- Have worked in a challenging behaviour setting before
- Have physical intervention experience
- Be enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Be able to deal with challenging behaviour
- NVQ level 2 in Health and social care or above would be an advantage (not essential)
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity - please don't hesitate to apply online or alternatively call and ask for John.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
- Residential Children Learning Disabilities Autism ASD
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'