Great full time opportunity has risen for few support workers in Leicestershire, LE4 postcode at one of our clients.
As a support worker, you will provide emotional and practical support to individuals and their families who struggle to live independently because of health issues, emotional problems or relationship difficulties. You will need to work with individuals and their families providing practical and emotional support according to their specific difficulties. These are people with physical, mental or learning disabilities, those who are struggling with drug or alcohol addictions, vulnerable children or adults, young offenders, or those suffering from marital or other relationship difficulties. Main aim is to help clients learn to live as independently as possible, by identifying and supporting them in their areas of need. You at times may work with clients who have short term care needs or those with longer term or lifelong difficulties. Need of you vary depending on specifications of the work in the community, in home support or specifically with ones who have mental health issues. You will usually work with several patients at one time, either on their own or as a group, depending on their needs.
* Assessing the practical and emotional needs drawing up a care plan
* Providing emotional support by talking to clients and listening to their problems
* Helping them to budget and handle money
* Advising them on practical issues
* Counselling clients through alcohol or drug addiction
* Helping clients get suitable housing
* Coordinating drop in sessions for them
* Training clients in life skills
* Making case notes and completing a log book
* Working with clients families to help support clients in the most effective possible way
* Liaising with other support workers and relevant members of health care profession
* Attending meetings and training courses with colleagues
*An interest in people and a commitment to helping others
* Ability to communicate clearly with vulnerable people and families
* Good listening skills
* An empathetic approach to clients
* Ability to gain trust of clients and families to build good relations with vulnerable people
* Ability to carry out practical and domestic duties
* Good leadership skills and problem solving abilities
* Commitment to equal opportunities
* Work alone or as part of the team
* High level of emotional resilience
* Good written and communication skills
* Basic IT skills
* Respect for Confidentiality
At least 2 years of experience in minimum two to three of the above roles will be required.
- Health Care
- Problem Solving
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'