Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in West Winch near Kings Lynn and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
Hi, I am a gentleman sharing a home with 2 ladies. We get on very well together but have different interests. I own my own car so a driver is important. When I am in my car I love to listen to my music and am a big fan of “Motown”. When there are concerts on I like to be supported to go. I take a great pride in my appearance and like to shop with my support staff and choose my own clothes. There are times when I am not too well so I will need to be supported to attend appointments where you will speak to Health Professionals on my behalf. I have a wicked self of humour so I need my support staff to be fun loving! I receive 24/7 hrs of support
Hello, I am young lady sharing a home with another lady and a gentleman. We all get along together. I prefer female staff but I have no problem being supported by males. I enjoy going to College twice a week. I have work experience at College on Monday for 2 hours. On the days I haven’t got College I enjoy having a lie-in! My sister is very important to me and my support staff help me to plan to see her on a regular basis. I love to cook and do household chores. I am quite shy around new people but once I get to know them and gain their trust I am fine. I like gentle/patient people who are not too loud! I need support to build my confidence, which is so much better than a year ago! I have achieved so much in the past months by joining a drama group and making lots of new friends.
Hi! I am a young lady who shares a new home with a gentleman and young lady. We all get along very well. I enjoy getting involved with cooking our meals. I go to a day service 3 days a week. On the other days I spend time with my housemate and at my parents’ house. I go to mum and dad’s house each weekend. I really look forward to going! At times my brothers and their children visit. My family are very important to me. My interests are swimming, clothes shopping, and when I am at home, watching DVDS. I love musicals. I also have films on my i-pad. My favourites are Mary Poppins, Mr Bean and Dirty Dancing. I get quite excited when I hear the songs and I know all the words to sing along. My ideal support would be female, fun loving but with a calming nature, as at times I can become quite anxious.
Full and part time applicants will be considered and full training will be given by Dimensions.
The Dimensions Approach to Support
Our unique “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you, their Support Worker - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the 'Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our ‘Activate’ approach offers you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you’ve changed someone’s life for the better, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
Sharing in our Values:
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition - helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage - being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity - being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership - working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions – including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect - treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you’ll need to join the team - they’re beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.Or
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job