£7.83 per hour, plus excellent company benefits
Full and part time hours available
MRB Health & Social Care Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for a Support Worker, working for our client who is a registered Charity. The company provide support to people across England and Wales with learning disabilities, mental health needs and physical disabilities and provide them with the necessary support to take control of their lives.
Employing over 3000 staff, the company have several accreditations and awards. The company are totally committed to staff development and have been recognised as an Investor in People (IIP) Bronze, therefore staff learning, development and support is at the top of their agenda to help people reach their potential.
We are currently looking for a Support Worker for the Derby area. Shifts will include weekdays, weekends and evenings.
As a Support Worker, you will be joining a team, which supports individuals with serious physical and mental health disabilities, predominantly in their own homes, with the aim of giving them as much control over their own lives as possible and the confidence and encouragement to become more independent. The job of a Support Worker will be varied, sometimes challenging but can also be lots of fun and very rewarding when service users achieve their goals and you have been part of a team to help make that happen. No two days are ever the same!
As this role will involve supporting people mainly in their own homes - drivers are preferred.
As a Support Worker, you will be involved with the following:
- Cooking cleaning and washing
- Personal Care
- Paying bills / managing household finances
- Attending health appointments and helping with medications
- Help with shipping
- Attending on day trips
- Help to access activities in the community
- Fun activities such as sports, horse riding, gardening or bowling
Whilst previous experience of working as a Support Worker is not essential, we are looking for individuals who have a genuine interest in working with people that have a learning disability. You will be compassionate, patient and have the integrity to treat people with dignity and respect.
Look at some of the fantastic company benefits our client offers:
- 20 days paid annual leave, plus 8 bank holiday, increasing after 3 and 5 years’ service
- Pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
If you are interested in taking up a new job as a Support Worker, please email your immediately quoting reference MB - Support Worker - Derby.