We are looking for Full Time and Part Time Support Workers to join our friendly team at our Supported living service in Worcester.
enjoy going the extra mile for people to make them feel appreciated, respected and valued?
go out of your way to help your family, friends, new acquaintances etc.
- enjoy helping people no matter how small?
Would it be of interest to you to work with a friendly team caring and supporting others?
If this sounds like you and you feel you’re a naturally caring person then a job as a support worker with CareTech may be what you have been looking for.
Working in our service in Worcester you will be supporting individuals with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health and complex needs
We are committed to providing person centred packages of care which empower and encourage individuals to develop the skills they need to live as independently as possible.
We are looking for applicants who are flexible, caring and have a positive attitude. Part of your responsibilities will be supporting people to plan and achieve their individual goals, building relationships with service users and their families, personal care and facilitating activities.
Days, nights, sleep-ins, evening and weekend work is required (some flexibility can be negotiated) We provide full paid training and ongoing development for staff.
Previous experience of working within a care setting and NVQ 2/3 are desirable for this role but not essential. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check (expenses met by the employer).
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee:
- We offer Permanent contracts 35 hrs per week
- Part Time contracts or become a Bank Staff
- We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
- We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care - Career progression path within the company - Competitive rates of pay
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle
- DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us
- SAYE Scheme Main
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
- To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
- To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events
- To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
- To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
The successful candidate will have:
- NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
- The ability to keep calm under pressure
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
CareTech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.
CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
CareTech are proud to announce they are a Disability Confident Leader.
- Support Workers
- Supported Living
- Supporting People
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'