This position includes a yearly complexity payment of £1,200.
Avenues Group are looking for full and part-time support workers to join our team at a new service in Bury St Edmunds to support a young man with mental health needs and behaviours that challenge as he transitions from school into his own home, through a mixture of 2:1 support in the home and the community. This is a single person service due to open in July/August 2018.
The person we support enjoys a variety of activities including using his iPad, watching TV shows such as Dr. Who or The Chaser, being read to, and going to the cinema or pantomime - amongst other things.
Avenues is a specialist provider of adult social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life. This might be everyday things like providing support to do the shopping, getting a new haircut or just making a drink. But it’s also about more delicate stuff, like choosing where to live, supporting them to take a shower or the development of friendships.
Due to the nature of this role it is desirable for successful applicants to hold a full valid UK driving licence and to have access to their own vehicle.
Benefits of working for Avenues Group
- Up to 25 annual leave days + 8 bank holidays (pro-rated)
- Extensive three month induction and tailored career development
- Sector leading learning and development facilities
- Ongoing support from local and central teams
- The ability to build long-term relationships with the people we support
- A permanent, stable job in an ever-growing organisation
You don’t need any previous experience or training (we’ll provide lots of that). But you will need to demonstrate that you share our values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Pride, and…
- be caring and sympathetic
- be passionate about supporting others
- be flexible to work early morning, late evening, and night shifts over a 7 day rota
Apply today to find out how you can make a difference to someone’s life.
- Health Care
- Mental Health
- Social Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'