A well established support service in Gloucestershire with a great reputation is looking to recruit a number a Support Workers for their Gloucestershire based services, with positions available in Gloucester, Stroud and Cheltenham.
This is a full-time and permanent position, paying up to £8.50 per hour. You will be contracted 35 hours a week and work shifts including; earlies, lates, weekends, sleep ins and waking nights.
You will be working in one of a number of Supported Living services supporting adults with a number of different needs including, acquired brain injuries, learning disabilities and dementia. A large part of your role will involve facilitating service users to spend time in their local community.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that is looking for career progression and looking for opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge with industry recognised qualifications.
Responsibilities of Support Worker:
Encouraging independence and an active lifestyle in all service users.
• Assist with the daily personal care of individuals, which may include washing, toileting, dressing and eating.
• Assist with administering medication accurately following medication guidelines & policies.
• Supporting service users in accessing the community and with outside activities including; day centres.
• Assist the individual to attend appointments.
• Assist with domestic duties such as shopping and cleaning.
• Assist the individual with managing their finances.
• Keeping accurate records and documentation.
• Working with family members and external professionals.
Person Specification for Support Worker:
Self motivated and enthusiastic about offering the best care.
• Personable and able to present yourself as a positive role model.
• Previous experience in health and social care.
• An NVQ in Health and Social Care is desirable but not essential.
• Good communication skills; both written and verbal.
• A full, clean driving licence would be an advantage but not essential.
• An enhanced DBS check is required.
Working for a established and supportive organisation.
• Pension scheme.
• Joining bonus.
• 30 days annual leave.
• Access to local discounts.
• Development and promotion opportunities.
• Comprehensive introductory and ongoing training.
• Support in completing NVQ/QCF qualifications.
Don't miss out on being rewarded with amazing job satisfaction and feeling part of a community. This leading healthcare provider based in Gloucesteris passionate about offering the best service to both staff and clients. So apply today!
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call the permanent recruitment team on , alternatively email your CV to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job