There is a communal lounge area where the children can relax and watch television, read books and a games room
The home is in Friday Bridge near the wisbech town local to shops supermarkets and the bus station, The home is set on peaceful private green grounds, also has accommodation for the in-campus school which is onsite for the children and team.
Professional Child Care Practice
- To provide primary care and a nurturing, (therapeutic) environment in line with Meeko House policy and statutory requirements.
- To have an understanding of all relevant documentation.
- To be a positive role model, to include high standards of personal presentation, for the child and encourage the child to develop meaningful relationships and attachments.
- To contribute to the normal development of the child to enable them to reach their fullest potential by providing a stimulating and varied lifestyle.
- To work with firm and consistent boundaries in order to create safety and containment for the child as part of the staff team, within Meeko House policy and statute and as part of the children’s Care Plan.
- To work alongside the child to help develop a true sense of identity and feel of self-worth.
- To be sensitive to the needs of individual child, taking account of race, culture, language and religion as set out in Meeko House policy, statute and within their Individual Treatment Plan.
- To talk and listen to the child, to observe their behaviour, and record significant features.
- To work within Child Protection/Safeguarding policy and practice. To be aware of the child’s rights and to work in an anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive manner.
- To assist in preparation for reviews, meetings and attend when required.
- To achieve a suitable role specific qualification.
- To commit to ongoing personal and professional development
Relations with Colleagues and other Professionals
- To act as a member of the staff team, supporting colleagues and being prepared to receive support as necessary in order to deliver the child’s treatment programme.
- To act as an ambassador for Meeko House and Cambian in all contact and activities with external professionals including Social Workers, School Teachers and Health workers providing appropriate literature, reports and information as required
- To participate in staff meetings appropriate to level of training and development with specific reference to basic standards of home management, observational reporting, assessment of internalisation and the treatment plan.
- To act flexibly, within reasonable boundaries, in order to ensure the necessary cover for the home. To work within the on-call rota system as required
- To inform colleagues of relevant developments, for example during handover.
- To maintain all operating functions within the home to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children, staff and visitors
- To ensure that all statutory and Meeko House policy requirements are completed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis including, H&S and hygiene standards of cleanliness, waste management, property and vehicle maintenance.
- To set high standards in home making in line with Meeko House policy including modelling of adult behaviours, demonstrating good home making practice, and coaching children in maintaining those standards.
- To ensure that all Meeko House equipment, property and additional resource such as grounds are not damaged or misused at any time and to report such damage or misuse immediately using the appropriate materials and methods.
- To be accountable for monies allocated for specific purposes, to maintain records as required and the appropriate use as set out within the reasons for allocation.
- To adhere to Health and Safety Regulations and Procedures.
- To be computer literate to a minimum of a basic level.
- To be responsible for accurate, concise recording of information pertinent to the child and the role.
Specific Night Wake Responsibilities
- Administration of medication and carrying out medication audits.
- Preparing daily paperwork for forthcoming shifts.
- Archiving of paperwork and documents.
- Filing paperwork in resident’s folders.
- To adhere to all reasonable requests from the Team Leader allocating tasks for the shift.
- To ensure the atmosphere in the home is conducive to needs of the residents, allowing them to feel settled and relaxed.
- To undertake house hold tasks and chores, as delegated by the Team Leader or shift coordinator.
- To ensure a