Our client, a highly reputable Housing Association,are recruiting for two Support Workers on an initial two month contract in Merseyside. The role is due to start immediately and will be for 35 hours per week. The hourly rate for this role is competitive.
The ideal candidate must hold an enhanced DBS processed within the last three years, and have experience working with vulnerable clients.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Working within a homeless hostel consisting of men and women with complex needs
* Assessing individual support needs and work with the client on a mutually agreed support programme
* Conducting risk assessments
* Preparing clients to live independently
* Teaching life skills: cooking, cleaning, money handling as well as assisting them with housing benefit applications
* Encouraging engagement with external services such as healthy eating courses as well as support agencies for substance misuse
* Ensuring that they have had the support needed are to be re-housed
* Working alongside multi-services including Social Services
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of James Andrews Recruitment Solutions who are operating as an employment agency and business. James Andrews Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.