We are looking for dedicated Support Workers living close to the Leominster area of Herefordshire. This job is commutable from the Leominster (21 mins/ 11.9miles), Worcester (31 mins/ 15 miles), Hereford (29 mins/ 14.9 miles) and surrounding areas of Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Our client provides specialist community support and education for all ages, their services are shaped to meet the needs of the people they support. Every service is completely different and will change over time to meet their needs. They promote positive relationships, how to self-manage behaviours, and communication skills.
As their Support Worker, you will be a fantastic role model to the people you support, you will ensure they have everything they need, are safe and happy!
What experience and qualifications do I need to be a Support Worker?
- It is essential for you to be a car driver.
- Fantastic and encouraging attitude to want to achieve, it doesn’t matter if you don’t have any prior experience as you will be supported to learn however you do need to have the right attitude and goals.
- Prior experience in supporting people with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour would be desirable.
- It would be advantageous if you do have relevant qualifications such as NVQ/QCF in health and social care.
- Above all you will have excellent leadership skills and a passionate, proactive nature.
I would love this opportunity, what are the hours, salary and benefits:
- £7.83 - £9.18 p/h depending on whether you have any experience or qualifications in care (£15,210 - £17,901 per annum).
- Full time hours, 37.5 hours per week.
- Working hours, include early shifts 7:30-14.30, late shift 14.:00-21:30 and 3x sleepovers a month.
- Personal pension scheme, health plan and childcare vouchers.
- Investors in People - fantastic support and training.
Are you the positive role model we are looking for?
Becoming a Support Worker could be just start of your career, this employer actively promotes from within, so you could be a manager of the future. Our client will provide full training and qualifications to support you fully in your role and will recognise when you have the skills to progress. If you would love this opportunity, please click on apply. Still not sure - don’t worry one of our wonderful careers advisors at Health & Social Care Jobs will give you a call and answer any questions you might have.
- Health Care
- Social Care
- Support Workers