Unsure of your next journey, why not help someone with theirs
£18,400.00 per annum
"Partners in Support" is a dynamic not-for-profit organisation supporting people with learning disabilities and Autism to lead the life that they choose.
We are looking for a full/part time Support Worker to support two young men living in their own home in Welwyn Garden City. You will be working as part of a team, but on a one to one basis with either individual. You will be supporting them with everyday activities as well as maintaining the house, assisting with cooking and encouraging community engagement.
A key part of the support workers role is to understand the person you are supporting, which will include providing practical and emotional support.
Why Partners in Support?
We support individuals to lead the lives that they choose and assist people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and their chosen communities. Partners in Support is not aiming to be a large organisation or work across the country, it only aspires to offer the best possible support to those people we work with within Hertfordshire.
We can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Paid annual leave
- Paid Birthday day off
- Full Induction
- Bespoke training and regular training updates
- Guaranteed hours
- Paid for DBS check
- A friendly, supportive working environment
- Up to £200 refer a friend scheme
If you would like to be part of a great team and can demonstrate the following then apply now:
- A commitment to empowering people and working closely with their family
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- A positive and compassionate nature
- Self-direction, the ability to take responsibility and a good listener
- Able to work flexibly, including weekends, evenings and sleep-ins
- Car driver preferrable but not essential.
- An interest supporting activities such as football, animals and cooking
- Confidence and the ability to take responsibility
Experience of support work is beneficial but not essential as full training and induction will be given.
To apply please click on the link below or visit our website, www.partnersinsupport.org.uk
- Learning Disabilities
- Supporting People