Covering sites in the Warminster and Salisbury area
Are you an empathetic and caring individual seeking your next step? Want to help make a real difference to the lives of children and young people as a Support Worker? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Wessex College is a leading provider of long term, stable residential care for young people aged 10 - 19. Established and run by childcare practitioners, we offer high levels of support to children and young people who have experienced trauma in their early years.
We’re passionate about providing creative and ambitious opportunities for our young people to recover, thrive and become the best they can be.
Now, we’re looking for a Support Worker to join our highly experienced team and provide a world-class residential care service to children and young people in the Warminster and Salisbury area.
- Salary of £17,881 per annum plus £3,700 sleep in pay
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Clear opportunities for promotion
- Committed and friendly team
- Holiday entitlement
Our team are the bedrock of our business and we all have one thing in common: a passion to improve the lives of the young people in our care. Our environment is unique and the pressure is always on to keep ourselves and those in our care safe and successful.
We offer excellent career development and progression prospects to all of our employees and will support you to realise your full potential while you help our young people to realise theirs.
As a Support Worker, you will help to provide an excellent standard of care to young people within their homes in the Warminster and Salisbury area.
Specifically, you will:
- Work holistically with young people who have experienced family crises and who struggle to manage their behaviour
- Work with a shift partner
- Ensure that positive routines are established and maintained
- Help to create a positive home environment for young people
- Take children and young people to school and on trips
- Ensure that H&S procedures are followed
To join us as a Support Worker, you’ll need:
- The ability to work 24 hour shifts (if working full time)
- A full, valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- A proactive approach and a positive attitude
We’re eager to hear from individuals who have worked as, or would like to become a Support Worker, Social Care Worker, Carer, Residential Carer, Care Assistant, Junior Care Worker, Health & Social Care Worker or Residential Care Assistant.
This is a full time role, working 24.5 hour shift patterns on a 3 week rolling rota, starting 10:00 on day and finishing at 10:30 the following day. The shift pattern is as follows:
Week 1: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
Week 2: Tuesday, Friday and Sunday
Week 3: Thursday
Webrecruit and Wessex College are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive we environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to learn, grow and succeed as a Support Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.