Avenues Group are looking for a part-time Support Worker to join our team at Alan Road in Ipswich, supporting adults with learning disabilities. Avenues is a specialist provider of adult social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life. This might be everyday things like providing support to do the shopping, getting a new haircut or just making a drink. But it’s also about more delicate stuff, like choosing where to live, supporting them to take a shower or the development of friendships.
Alan Road is a block of 6 individual flats. The people that live at Alan Road have complex needs including autism and learning disabilities. The support is 1:1 or 2:1 in the home and the community. There are 4 ladies and 4 gentlemen. There is an established team and they have established proven procedures in place.
Due to the nature of this role it is essential for the successful applicant to hold a full valid driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.
Benefits of working for Avenues Group
- Up to 25 annual leave days + 8 bank holidays (pro-rated)
- Extensive three month induction and tailored career development
- Sector leading learning and development facilities
- Ongoing support from local and central teams
- The ability to build long-term relationships with the people we support
- A permanent, stable job in an ever-growing organisation
You don’t need any previous experience or training (we’ll provide lots of that). But you will need to demonstrate that you share our values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Pride, and…
- be caring and sympathetic
- be passionate about supporting others
- be flexible to work 7 days a week, including day shifts, evenings, waking nights, and sleep-ins
Apply today to find out how you can make a difference to someone’s life.
- Health Care
- Learning Disabilities
- Social Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'