Learning Disabilities - Residential Home
£7.50 - £8.44 DOE, plus company benefits
Are you currently working as a Support Worker and looking for a new challenge?
Perhaps you looking for your first opportunity in the care sector, working with individuals with learning disabilities / mental health disorders and do not have experience and are willing to learn?
Our client is looking for Assistant Support Workers and Support Workers and will consider applicants with no experience who have a passion and desire to work within this industry.
Maybe this is the job that you have been waiting for………!!!
MRB Health & Social Care Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for a Support Worker and Assistant Support Worker, working for a family run business.
Our client provides Residential Care and Supported Living options across Wiltshire to individuals who have a moderate to severe Learning Disability, Mental Health diagnosis / disorders and complex emotional and behavioural needs.
Adopting the principles of Positive Behaviour Support, our client uses a person centred approach to design and implement short and long term intervention and support strategies to minimise and manage challenging behaviour
We are looking for an Assistant Support Worker and Support Worker to work at our client’s residential service based on the outskirts of Amesbury. The town centre is only a ten minute walk away and is easily accessible for public transport is also easily accessible to Salisbury.
The service is a small residential home, which supports individuals with learning disabilities and associated mental health needs. As a Support Worker / Assistant Support Worker, you will under the supervision of a Manager assist in the safe and efficient delivery of support and care to individuals in the home, their relatives and friends and provide flexible support services within the home as required.
Duties and responsibilities for Assistant Support Worker / Support Worker:
- Develop and maintain the skills of the individual supported by encouraging and involving them in day to day activities, participating in activities chosen by the individual and enhancing community networks
- Facilitate and support the person to make all decisions affecting their life
- Support the individual to maintain their health and general wellbeing
- Support with personal care as required
- Administer medication according to procedure
- Assist the individuals with the management of their finances and in accordance with the service procedure
- Support to plan social activities and holidays and to accompany the individuals where required
- Assist in the general administration of the service, including updating daily notes, communication book, incident and accident forms etc
- Liaise with outside agencies i.e. psychiatrists, care managers, psychologists, community nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, SALTs and any other relevant professionals.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures and to assist in developing, monitoring and implementing them
- Receive regular, formal supervision and undertake training as required
- Ensure care plans have meaningful and achievable goals
- Work in line with the company’s adult protection and prevention of abuse policy and whistle blowing policy to ensure that people are kept safe at all times.
- Be flexible and responsive at all times to meet the changing needs of the service and the person supported.
- When driving people supported in vehicles ensure that all risk assessments are followed and that any faults/ damage to the vehicles are reported. And to undertake daily/ weekly checks of the vehicles.
- Ability to understand (through oral or written communication) a simple set of instructions, and if necessary, relay to others in the team
- Good communicator and listener
- Literate, with basic numerical ability
- Cheerful, outgoing personality
- Interested in the care and welfare of others, motivated and committed
- Accessible, approachable by and comfortable with persons supported
- Able to handle difficult situations with empathy and consideration
- Retains confidential information
- Reliable and honest
If you are interested in taking up a new job as a Support Worker, please email your cv immediately quoting MB - Support Worker - AMESBURY and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss your application.
- Care Plans
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Personal Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job