Are you a support worker looking for a new and exciting role? Would you like to support children with emotional and behavioural difficulties and complex needs? If you are up for a new challenge then please read on...
My client is one of the UK's largest providers of residential care for children and young people and they are looking for passionate and experienced support workers to join the team in one of their homes in the St Annes area of Blackpool. The role involves supporting children with emotional and behavioural difficulties between the ages of 8 and 16 years in a residential setting. Within this role you will be encouraged to really make a difference to the lives of the children you support by supporting them throughout all aspects of their lives including education, daily living and accessing the local community.
The company prides themselves on their reputation as being able to provide the highest levels of person centred support to children and young people across the country... and with most managerial promotions coming from within, there has has never been a better time to join this organisation!
The role we are advertising is for a full time position based on a 37.5 hour week including earlies, lates and sleep ins. The rates of pay are very competitive ranging between £7.75 and £8.50 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
The roles and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting children with daily living skills including cooking and cleaning etc.
- Providing a safe and therapeutic environment for the children
- Administering medication
- Following care plans
- Supporting children to access the community and lead as fulfilling lives as possible
- Liaisng with family members and being the main point of contact for the child you are key working
The ideal candidate would have:
- 12 months experience working with young people with EBD in a residential setting.
- The ability to remain empathic and understanding
- NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care (preferable)
- Passion for improving the lives of young people within their care
- Working for an award winning company
- Guaranteed full time hours at competitive rates of pay
- Excellent career progression
- Excellent training programme
- Refer a friend and receive £200 in love to shop vouchers
- Child care vouchers
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity then please give Lee Nicklin a call on
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
- Challenging Behaviour
- Positive Behavioural Support
- Emotional behaviour difficulties