Are you looking to start a new and rewarding career? Are you enthusiastic and passionate about caring for others?
Our client is currently looking for caring, self-motivated staff for their vacancy in their Hayes Supported Living Service.
Role: Support Worker
Location: Hayes, Middlesex, UB3
Salary: £17,220 pa
Job Type: Full Time (37 hours per week) Flexible Rota over 7 days
As a Support Worker, you would provide a high standard of care and support for our client's service users in a supported living setting. These service users have learning disabilities and some also have physical disabilities. Our client's aim is to empower service users in their daily lives and encourage them to lead a full and active life.
Previous experience is not essential, however you must hold a current manual driving license, and be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Support Workers are required to carry out day-to-day tasks with the service users, assist them in making decisions, and enable the development of appropriate skills.
As a support worker you would have the following responsibilities:
- To support the service users with all aspects of personal care as appropriate.
- To assist in arranging trips, outings and holidays and accompanying the service users, when required.
- To do general domestic duties including the preparation of meals, cleaning and laundry.
- To administer medication and the maintenance of records of all drugs and treatment given in accordance with company policy.
- To enable the service users to purchase clothes and other personal items.
- To participate in all staff meetings as required and take part in discussion and decision-making.
- To carry out policies agreed by the staff group, Home Manager or organisation.
- To observe financial instructions.
- To generally participate in the daily lives of the service users. This may include sharing meals, leisure activities and encouraging the service users to participate in the running of the Home.
- To accompany the service users and support them in their places of worship.
- To work in partnership with the appropriate outside agencies to ensure continuity of care.
- To ensure that accurate records are kept and that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To take on the role of keyworker.
- To carry out other appropriate duties not specified above, at the request of the Home Manager.
- To undertake any training required according to the needs of the service users, home and organisation.
The successful candidate will have a current, manual driving licence; be able undertake admin tasks; communicate effectively and work shift work including bank holidays, evening and weekend duties and resident holidays as required.
Support Workers are also expected to work towards an NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care if they have not already got this qualification. Achievement of this qualification invites a pay award.
In return, our client offers an extensive training and development package, contributory pension scheme, and an employee assistance programme.
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter.
No agencies please.
- Learning Disabilities
- Supported Living
- Health & Social Care