I am currently working on the behalf of a well-established and growing organisation that is looking to recruit an experienced Support Worker for one of their children's homes based in Stafford. Salary dependent on experience and qualifications £18000 - £21500.
The person centred homes accommodate for children and young people aged between 8 and 18 years of age, who have experienced abuse, neglect, family breakdown and/or trauma, and present complex needs and/or challenging behaviour.
As a Support Worker, you will;
- Work with a team on a 24 hr rota, including sleep ins.
- Deliver the highest standard of care to the residents
- Ensure the young people's physical and psychological welfare is well looked after.
- Be responsible for engaging the young people in various activities
- Support their educational needs and help them learn independent living skills.
To qualify for the Support Worker role you will need;
- Experience within a similar role (Minimum of 6 months)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A 'can do' attitude with motivation to achieve excellence
- A NVQ / QCF Level 3 (Children's & Young People) would be desired but not essential as my client will ensure full training and opportunity to gain this qualification.
Don't hesitate and apply for this role today!
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.