Essex Personnel Recruitment is currently looking for Support workers needed for shifts at a residential Supported Living Environment specialising in support of individuals with Learning Disabilities, Challenging Behavior and Autism.
As a support worker, you will be delivering care and support with a difference. Ranging from personal care to meeting social needs, making a real difference to someone's life.
You'll carry out tasks which a caring relative might normally carry out. To respond to the physical, personal, emotional religious, cultural and spiritual needs of the person.
Your day-to-day tasks would vary according to the client group you work with, but might include:
- Checking each resident's needs and progress
- Creating a safe and positive living environment
- Setting rules for service user's behaviour
- Providing one-to-one counselling or group therapy sessions
- Teaching daily living skills such as budgeting, shopping and claiming benefits
- Providing leisure and creative activities in a safe and supportive setting
- Helping residents to deal with problems and become independent
- Liaising with residents' families and arranging family and home visits
- Working with other health and care professionals
- Acting as a learning support assistant
Your Qualifications and Experience
Experience of providing care and support to vulnerable people
Knowledge of health & safety issues relating to care and support of vulnerable people
Availability for working unsocial hours, weekends and public holidays on a rota basis
Ability to work using own initiative and as a member of a team
Valid DBS check carried out within last 12 months
Mandatory Training Certificate dated within last 12 months
Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care related subject area or equivalent
Good Luck with your Application!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job