Be the difference, change lives! If you would like a fulfilling and flexible career that will make a difference to people, read on…
Here at the company, they are dedicated to support people with learning disabilities to live the lives they want to. They are a national charity providing person-centred support across the whole of England and Scotland. They are extremely proud to have been doing this for the last 25 years during which time they have empowered thousands of people to meet their aspirations and goals in life, and to live as independently as they wish.
Position: Support Worker
Location: Fairlight, East Sussex
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours including weekends
Benefits: 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service); Competitive pension scheme (they will match contributions up to 6%); Childcare vouchers; Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hour helpline to support you through any of life’s issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal); Occupational Health support; Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual; Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service); Refer a friend scheme *pro rata for part time staff.
Closing date: 2 April 2018
About the role:
- On a daily basis they empower people to meet their aspirations and goals in life, and to live as independently as they wish
- Fairmount is a purpose built bungalow which supports 6 adults who have a severe learning disability and whom can display some behaviour that challenges
- The people they support enjoy a varied range of indoor and outdoor activities such as horse-riding, college, swimming, theatre, music and many more
- Staff needs to be caring, enthusiastic, willing to learn new skills themselves and who can evidence a respected value base when working in someone’s home. Staffs needs to be flexible in their approach and able to work a variety of shifts
- They work with people who have a range of support needs and their focus is always on the individual and how best to support them to live the type of life they wish to live, to have fun and make memories
- In this role you will be working in a Registered care service
- The people they support have varying levels of support needs
- They also support people who are on the autism spectrum, have physical disabilities, complex needs, associated health needs such as epilepsy or mental health needs
- Some of the people they support may at times show that they are unhappy through their behaviour
- They always base their support on the specific needs, choices and aspirations of the individual following their principles of person-centred support
- They genuinely believe that if you have a positive attitude and values that align with their own they can train you on the rest
- All of their Support Workers are dedicated to bringing their values to life every single day: Committed to doing their very best for the people they support and never giving up on someone they support
- Reliable and always do what they say they will do
- Honest & Open in all of their relationships and transactions
- Respectful of others, their views and their rights
- Inclusive in how they value diversity, support equality of access to opportunities and challenge discrimination
- Creative & flexible in their thinking, in their work and in how they use their resources
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Care Worker, Learning Disabilities, Not for Profit, Social Care, Healthcare, Volunteer, Voluntary Sector, Care Assistant, Community Care, Healthcare Assistant, Vulnerable People, Social Worker etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.