An excellent opportunity has arisen to be part of new teams working within service provision for people with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health conditions who will have a package of care tailored to their individual needs.
The Role: Outcome focused person centred support
To provide support to people with learning disabilities and / or Mental Health needs living in their own homes.
You will provide person centred, flexible support for people with Mental Health and Learning Disability needs to develop their independence, confidence and skills, enabling them to meaningfully access their community, providing people with the opportunities to develop networks of support and activities. The service will provide focused support in ordinary community settings and service user’s homes.
- To facilitate service user’s access to activities and opportunities that promotes their active participation in community life and strengthens their relationships with others and their social networks.
- To follow health and safety and lone working guidelines and to alert the Manager immediately of any concerns in relation to health and safety issues.
- To work within agreed risk management guidelines and to assist service users in reducing risks to themselves or others whilst maintaining a positive approach to risk taking. To promptly report all concerns regarding risks to senior staff, the Duty Manager/On Call Manager and relevant agencies.
- To respect and promote the rights and entitlements of people with Mental Health conditions and Learning Disabilities and to enable them to participate as fully as possible in their community.
- To enable service users to become as independent as possible and to grow in confidence, competence and personal effectiveness.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job