Are you an experienced support worker? Are you looking for a new challenge?
Well Randstad has the job for you!!
I am looking for experienced support workers to give excellent support to children, young people and their families. This support role will give you great job satisfaction and a real feeling that you are helping and making a positive change to someone's life. Not only will you being making a real difference but you will be working as part of a fantastic and well supported team of experts, who all have the same drive and determination to deliver the highest standard of care.
Working as a residential support worker, you will have the opportunity to work with a nationally recognised charity supporting both children and young adults with complex learning disabilities and additional communication needs across the UK. You will help provide care and education for children and young adults aged between 3-25 years, no two days will be the same!
You will be required to work on a shift pattern which will entail a mix of earlies, lates, sleeps, and one split shift a week which will be from 7am until 9am and then 3pm until 10pm
In addition to having an extremely rewarding career you will have access to a full induction, meaning you'll be equipped with the tools you need for the job; ongoing training and development, allowing you to push yourself towards a specialised role. On top of being enrolled in the comprehensive L&D programme.
our client also offers:
- Experience and reward based pay, starting between £7.80 and £8.50 p/h
- Generous holiday allowance - 28 days with long service awards adding extra days with every year.
- Pension scheme, childcare vouchers and employee assistance programme.
- On site parking! - no more public transport woes.
- Overtime available for those times when you need the extra cash.
To qualify for this fantastic opportunity we are looking for:
- Level 2 in Residential child care / health and social care is a must.
- Able to commit to a full time position of 37.5h/pw
- Experience with working with challenging behaviour is an advantage.
- Preferably you should have experience supporting service users with autism or any relevant qualification.
Your duties will include:
- Meeting the safety and individual needs of children and young people.
- Support with personal care.
- Recording events and activities when required.
- Performing general household duties.
- Support with sporting events such as swimming and orienteering.
- Supporting on trips out into the local community to visit cinema, bowling etc.
So if you think you're up to the challenge of making real differences in the lives of the people you're working with, working with a nationally acclaimed charity which has been given outstanding rating from both CQC and OFSTED then please don't hesitate to get in touch!
You can reach me by either calling and asking for Mike or apply through the advert and your CV will come straight to me!
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.