The Lantern Community
Due to further expansion The Lantern Community is looking to extend our team of full time Support Workers here in Ringwood. The applicants will be required to provide individualised person-centred support to people with learning difficulties living in supported housing; to enable them to enjoy a fulfilling and valued life, to participate in the community and wider community and to develop their abilities as fully as possible
The qualities/skills required include:
- A warm, person centred approach and ability to positively engage with people with learning difficulties.
- Good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Good written communication skills, with an ability to contribute to a record keeping system.
- Ability to work positively as part of a team.
- Experience of providing support to people with learning difficulties, including Autism or other support needs is desirable but not essential.
- Level 2/3 in Health and Social care qualifications are desirable. However training will be provided.
- Satisfactory DBS required.
Level 2 or above in Health & Social Care or similar qualification
Experience of Autism and Learning Disabilities
Good literacy and numeracy skills and basic computer skills will be an advantage
NEST Pension Scheme
Additional holiday after 5 years’ service
Excellent training opportunities
- Good team player
- Sense of humour
- Calm demeanour