Cerise Healthcare is seeking outstanding Support Workers to work with our partner, a provider of support to individuals with learning disabilities, in North West London (Zones 2 & 3). Support Workers will work with our partner providing support to service users in residential services as part of a team or on a one-to-one basis. Choosing to work for Cerise Healthcare gives Support Workers benefits including:
- Great rates of pay
- Flexible hours to suit your requirements
- Opportunities to progress
- Leading training courses
- Generous refer a friend scheme
Successful Support Workers will understand the importance of enabling service users to lead an independent life. Providing person-centred care, they will actively enhance the service users’ life style.
Support Workers will assist service users with all aspects of their day to day life with which they require assistance, this may include;
- Personal Care
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Managing their finances
- Prompting/assisting with medication
- Assisting with cooking
- Helping with household chores
- Meeting friends/attending social events
- Accessing the community
As this role includes personal care duties, experience in this area is beneficial. Prior experience of working with individuals who display challenging behaviour is also an advantage.
There is opportunity within the services for one to one work for Support Workers who enjoy the challenge of lone working. Cerise Healthcare require that all our workers have recent experience UK based experience in healthcare.
Cerise Healthcare partner can consider both full and part time Support Workers for this role and are able to offer flexible hours. All Cerise Healthcare and our partner require is:
- Support Workers can commit to a minimum of 2 (two) shifts a week
- Support Workers need to be able to work every other weekend
Support Workers for Cerise Healthcare must be patient, able to work under their own initiative and understand that the role is changeable depending on the wishes of the service users. Cerise Healthcare ask that all Support Workers:
- Have good understanding of written and verbal English
- Have Basic numeracy skills
- Have a current DBS on the update service (or be prepared to undertake one)
- Have recent UK based health or social care experience
- Are punctual
- Are reliable
- Have knowledge of Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA)
Cerise Healthcare are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We aim to provide equality of opportunity to all persons regardless of their religious belief, gender, race, age, marital/civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. Cerise Healthcare will not tolerate discrimination and harassment based on the aforementioned or any other qualities.
Please note that this role is subject to a successful DBS and referencing checks.
- Learning Disabilities
- Residential Services
- Social Care
- Support Workers