Vacancies for Band 2 support workers (mental health) within the South West Yorkshire Region
Rates of pay £8.00 - £19.00 p/hr PAYE and Umbrella available.
Extra rates of pay for nights and weekends.
We are looking for enthusiastic, hardworking, confident and passionate staff who want to make a difference to the communities and hospitals they work within. The right person will have extensive knowledge and experience of working with adults with Mental Health needs. If this is you then please do get in touch.
Dewsbury and District hospital
Calderdale Royal Hospital (Halifax)
Kendray Hospital (Barnsley)
Fieldhead Hospital (Wakefield)
Duties include but are not limited to the following-
- All roles are based working on acute mental health wards, observing, supervising and providing ongoing support to clients with varying levels of Mental Health issues.
- Candidates must be strong-willed, confident and have the ability to keep a calm head in potentially volatile situations.
- Candidates will observe patients and communicate to the Nurse in Charge any particular needs of patients and/or problems in the ward.
- Supporting clients with Mental Health, including Schizophrenia, personality disorders, depression and anxiety, follow care and/or support plans for each service user/tenant with respect and dignity.
- PMVA/MVA Training - Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression is desirable however Full mandatory training is provided alongside a further 3 day client specific course incorporating de-escalation, breakaway techniques and restraint holds.
There are a variety of shifts available including; 7am-8pm long days, 9pm-7.30am night shifts with some shorter shifts - 7am-2.30pm (Morning), 1.30pm-9.30pm (Afternoon) 4.30pm-10.30pm (Twilight) but predominantly long shifts (Days or Nights).
Successful applicants must:
- Be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Have at least 6 months post qualification experience
- Be willing to undertake a DBS Check, this only applies to candidates who don't have a Portable DBS.
- Be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years including any gaps in employment.
- Have Experience of supporting people who display challenging behaviour.
We offer good benefits and continuous professional development and training.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please call Ruth Buckle on or send us an email on the contact provided.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job