Our client has an excellent opportunity for individuals who are looking to make a difference in their career.
We are looking for patient and caring people to be trained to become Support Workers, providing personalised care and support to adults with learning disabilities within a range of community and accommodation-based settings.
* Permanent roles * No experience required * Full Training Provided *
This is a fantastic opportunity for individuals to work in a role where you can really make a difference to the people you support. In return, you will be offered a full time permanent contract, competitive salary and a range of benefits:
- Salary: £15,279 - £17,711
- 21 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Permanent, full time contract
- No experience required, full training provided
- 36 hrs p/wk. Overtime available
- Close to local amenities
- Beautiful setting and environment
- Opportunity to make a real difference
- Progression opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities of the Support Worker
- In line with our client's policies and procedures, work as part of a team to support individuals within the residential setting.
- Plan, organise, implement, monitor and review activities to achieve the agreed individual's objectives
- Enable the individuals we support to take control of their lives by maximising independence and participation in all personal, social, cultural, educational and employment opportunities.
- Where required, and in accordance with support plans and individual preferences, provide personal care to the people we support maintaining privacy and dignity at all times.
- We are looking for caring and supportive individuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, with other staff, residents, parents and other professionals.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Understanding of and ability to cope with needs of residents i.e. challenging behaviour, physical and emotional needs.
- Ability to be self motivated and use personal initiative within a structured framework.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to show empathy and understanding towards residents.
- Understanding/awareness of or willingness to learn about the Jewish culture.
- Ability to work flexibly.
- Ability to support and participate in recreational activities inside and outside.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a rewarding role as a Support Worker, contact us today to find out more about the role.
PMP Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.