Our client has an excellent opportunity for individuals who are looking to make a difference in their career.
We are looking for patient and caring people to be trained to become Support Workers, providing personalised care and support to adults with learning disabilities within a range of community and accommodation-based settings.
* Permanent roles * No experience required * Full Training Provided *
This is a fantastic opportunity for individuals to work in a role where you can really make a difference to the people you support. In return, you will be offered a full time permanent contract, competitive salary and a range of benefits:
- Salary: £15,279 - £17,711
- 21 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Permanent, full time contract
- No experience required, full training provided
- 36 hrs p/wk. Overtime available
- Close to local amenities
- Beautiful setting and environment
- Opportunity to make a real difference
- Progression opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities of the Support Worker
- In line with our client's policies and procedures, work as part of a team to support individuals within the residential setting.
- Plan, organise, implement, monitor and review activities to achieve the agreed individual's objectives
- Enable the individuals we support to take control of their lives by maximising independence and participation in all personal, social, cultural, educational and employment opportunities.
- Where required, and in accordance with support plans and individual preferences, provide personal care to the people we support maintaining privacy and dignity at all times.
- We are looking for caring and supportive individuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, with other staff, residents, parents and other professionals.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Understanding of and ability to cope with needs of residents i.e. challenging behaviour, physical and emotional needs.
- Ability to be self motivated and use personal initiative within a structured framework.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to show empathy and understanding towards residents.
- Understanding/awareness of or willingness to learn about the Jewish culture.
- Ability to work flexibly.
- Ability to support and participate in recreational activities inside and outside.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a rewarding role as a Support Worker, contact us today to find out more about the role.
PMP Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job