Are you looking for consistent hours? Are you ready to make a change in peoples lives? We're looking for experienced Support Workers to support Adults with Learning Disabilities to settle into new Residential Homes in the Portsmouth, Hilsea, North End and Cosham areas and also support in the making of Care plans. We offer free training refreshers and support and have both full time and part time roles available starting from £8.50 per hour.
Your Benefits with our Support Worker positions:
- Weekly pay
- Access to over 25 e-learning courses and practical training with no cost to you
- 28 days annual leave entitlement
- Easy online time sheet system to submit you hours
- Access to an Out of hours team enabling us to support you 24/7
- Unlimited £200 Love2Shop Refer a friend scheme* T&C's apply
- Access to the DBS online subscription service, ensuring you never have to do a DBS again!
Your responsibilities within these positions:
- Supporting vulnerable adults with their daily routines
- Supporting Service users to settle into their new Residential homes
- Supporting colleagues and managers to form Care plans for each Service user.
- Manual handling and personal care
- Actively promote a responsible caring attitude at all times, treating all service users with dignity and respect
- Accompanying Service users on day trips such as; Shopping, swimming and eating out to encourage their social skills and physical activity
- Encouraging and praise service users independence
- Assisting service users with mobility equipment
Requirements for our Support Worker positions:
- Previous experience caring from Vulnerable adults
- Be able to maintain a relaxed and professional manor at all times as challenging behaviour may be displayed
- Have good communication skills
- Feel comfortable 'thinking on your feet'
- Feel comfortable creating activities within an indoor setting and also feel comfortable supporting service users out in the community e.g eating out and shopping.
- Be willing to complete our training to ensure you're providing the best care possible
The first stage of our Registration process is to have an initial chat over the telephone to discuss the above positions in more detail and arrange an interview within our Candidate consultant. If you would like to apply or you would like to know more, please call
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.