Do you have an NVQ in Health and Social Care? Have you completed the Care Certificate? We are looking for Support Workers to work with vulnerable adults with Autism in a lovely residential home in Southampton. You will be joining an established team and have support from a great management team.
We have both full time and part time vacancies to offer, with both day, night and sleep in shifts. Day shifts start from £8.00 per hour and there are enhancements for weekends and night shifts.
Your Benefits with our Support Worker positions:
- Weekly pay
- Access to over 25 e-learning courses and practical training with no cost to you
- 28 days annual leave entitlement
- Easy online time sheet system to submit you hours
- Access to an Out of hours team enabling us to support you 24/7
- Unlimited £200 Love2Shop Refer a friend scheme* T&C's apply
- Access to the DBS online subscription service, ensuring you never have to do a DBS again!
Your responsibilities within these positions:
- Supporting vulnerable adults with their daily routines such as taking them to Day centres.
- Some manual handling and personal care
- Actively promote a responsible caring attitude at all times, treating all service users with dignity and respect
- Referring to individual care plans to ensure the best and correct care is provided
- One to one and group work with service users
- Accompanying Service users on day trips such as; Shopping, swimming and eating out to encourage their social skills and physical activity
- Encouraging and praise service users independence
Requirements for our Support Worker positions:
- You will need to be able to stay calm within potentially stressful situations as challenging behaviour can be shown
- Have an NVQ Level 2 or higher in Health and Social Care or the Care Certificate
- Be able to maintain a relaxed and professional manor at all times
- Have good communication skills
- Feel comfortable 'thinking on your feet'
- Be willing to complete training to ensure you're providing the best care possible
The first stage of our Registration process is to have an initial chat over the telephone to discuss the above positions in more detail and arrange a meeting within our Candidate consultant. If you would like to apply or you would like to know more, please contact Elizabeth on or email
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
- Challenging Behavior