Due to expansion we are recruiting for Support Workers based in Ebley, Stroud area, for permanent vacancies with contracts available for full and part time contracts hours per week. You will be working for a large reputable organisation supporting adults with learning difficulties and physical disabilities.
Due to expansion the business have opened 2 new care homes the Stroud area working with adults aged between 24-55 years living within a supported living setting.
Working within a 4 bedded home offering a comprehensive training package paying £7.73-£8.18 per hour dependant on experience plus holidays.
You will be supporting those with complex needs including Learning Difficulties, Physical Disabilities, Early onset Dementia, Down Syndrome, Autism, Challenging Behaviour and Mental Health Issues.
Responsibilities of Support Worker :
• Supporting clients with all aspects of personal care including bathing and dressing
• Supporting with Moving and Handling
• Supporting clients with meal preparations and feeding
• Supporting clients with administration of medication
• Managing challenging behaviour including de-escalating
• Supporting clients with in-house and external activities and promoting independence
• Supporting clients to manage all aspects of their life and accessing the community
• Completing domestic duties on a daily basis
• Supporting clients with verbal and physical challenging behaviour
• Working in line with CQC regulations and company policies and procedures
Person Specification for Support Worker :
• Experience within Health and Social Care is advantageous but not essential
• Training to NVQ level is advantageous but not essential as training is provided
• Due to the location of the business a full driving licence is essential
• All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and referencing
• Working a reputable organisation with plans for further expansion
• Access to NVQ's
• Access to a comprehensive training program
• Every other weekend off
Don't miss out on being rewarded with amazing job satisfaction and feeling part of a community. This leading healthcare provider based in Stroud, Gloucestershire is passionate about offering the best service to both staff and clients. So apply today!
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call the permanent recruitment team on , alternatively email your CV to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job