Newcross is seeking experienced and professional Support Workers to work in Bromsgrove, Redditch, Worcester and the surrounding areas through our Worcester branch, working to deliver the very best of personalised care to learning disabilities clients on a full or part time basis with guaranteed hours in the following areas.
You could be asked to work in a variety of local care environments, so a willingness to travel between service users is essential.The Role
We are seeking enthusiastic support workers to assist adults with learning difficulties with their day to day activities. This could include supporting with appointments, outings and general household tasks. You will need to be passionate about quality of care and strive to ensure their needs are fully met.
This is a varied and rewarding role, with each of our clients requiring different care needs due to varying ages and learning disabilities. You will need to be confident in your ability to deliver personal care, with a mindful approach to protecting the dignity and promoting the independence of each individual in your care.
Our person-centred service is designed to enrich the quality of life of service users, helping them to access the community and socialise with family, friends and visitors alike. That is why we are recruiting only the most compassionate and empathetic individuals. It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.
It's desirable that you have at least an NVQ2 / SVQ2 level qualification in Health and Social Care.Perks
- Salary of up to £14.23/hr including holiday pay
- Paid weekly, on time and accurately.
- Manage your availability, timesheets and payslips online in your own account area.
- Free criminal record check (DBS) for a limited time
- Free uniform for a limited time
- Agreed travel and mileage expenses (for most clients).
- Genuine 'out of hours' contact centre available 24 hrs a day.
- Continuing training and development through our 'Training Credits' scheme.
- Guaranteed hours contracts available
- Local line manager and branch support
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
You'll find your local branch team at 9-10 The Tything in Worcester city centre. Just up the road from Worcester Foregate Street train station, and along the A38, we are easily accessible via most modes of transport, and welcome you dropping in to say hi.Why Join Newcross?
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Person Specification
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions are committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing contained within this job advertisement is intended to discriminate in any way against anyone.
- part time
- support worker
- learning disabilities support worker
- agency jobs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job